What are the Most Important Chapters for JEE Main 2022?
Aspirants are always trying to find a way to increase their scores and get admission into top engineering colleges when it comes to exams like JEE Main. During exam preparation, one of the most common questions students have is about important topics and chapters for JEE Main 2022. Every chapter and topic are important for the JEE Main 2022 exam. But students must focus on important chapters and finish the JEE Main 2022 syllabus. In this article, we have prepared a list of JEE Main 2022 Important Chapters and Topics for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics to help students.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2022?
How to create a JEE Main 2022 study plan is one of the most often asked questions. It’s important to know the weightage after you’ve divided the topics. While all topics are equally important, some topics are more important than others since they are the source of many questions. To prepare a plan, look through previous year’s papers to see how the topics are prioritised.
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus with Weightage – All Subjects
On the basis of the previous year’s examinations, JEE Main 2022 syllabus with weightage for Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry has been prepared. Aspirants can look up the detailed JEE Main 2022 syllabus and weightage in the tables below.
Aspirants need to refer to NCERT 12th and NCERT 11th solutions to cover the chapters. To do well in the exam, they must cover all high-weightage topics from the JEE Main 2022 syllabus. It is suggested that they solve JEE Main previous year papers to develop a better understanding of the types of questions that will be asked as well as the high-weightage chapters and topics.
Physics Important Chapters for JEE Main 2022
- Rotational Motion
- Atoms and Nuclei
- Magnetic Effect of Current and Magnetism
- Current Electricity
- Oscillations and Waves
Mathematics Important Chapters for JEE Main 2022
- Straight Lines
- Three Dimensional Geometry
- Conic Sections
- Vector Algebra
- Matrices and Determinants
- Sets, Relations, and Functions
Chemistry Important Chapters for JEE Main 2022
- Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
- Chemical Kinetics
- Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- s-block Elements
- p-block Elements
- Transition Elements (d and f block)
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Coordination Compounds
JEE Main Syllabus with Weightage for Physics Chapter Wise
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Heat and Thermodynamics||3||12|
|Unit, Dimension, and Vector||1||4|
|Laws of motion||1||4|
|Work, Power, and Energy||1||4|
|Centre of Mass, Impulse, and Momentum||1||4|
|Simple Harmonic Motion||1||4|
|Solids and Fluids||1||4|
JEE Main 2022 Syllabus with Weightage for Chemistry Chapter Wise
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Transition Elements and Coordination Chemistry||3||12|
|Periodic Table and Representative Elements||3||12|
|Thermodynamics and Gaseous State||2||8|
|Chemical and Ionic Equilibrium||2||8|
|Solid State and Surface Chemistry||2||8|
|Nuclear Chemistry and Environment||2||8|
|Solution and Colligative Properties||1||4|
|General Organic Chemistry||1||4|
|Carboxylic Acid and their Derivatives||1||4|
|Carbohydrates, Amino Acid, and Polymers||1||4|
JEE Main Syllabus with Weightage for Mathematics Chapter wise
|Topics||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Limits, Continuity, and Differentiability||3||12|
|Complex Numbers and Quadratic Equation||2||8|
|Matrices and Determinants||2||8|
|Statistics and Probability||2||8|
|Three Dimensional Geometry||2||8|
|Sets, Relation, and Function||1||4|
|Permutations and Combinations||1||4|
|Binomial Theorem and Its Application||1||4|
|Sequences and Series||1||4|
|Statics and Dynamics||1||4|
Some Guidelines While Making JEE Main 2022 Preparation Plan
- Go through JEE Study Material.
- Give each topic the same level of attention.
- Divide the time you need to study it. Give difficult topics more time and less time to topics that you simply need to revise.
- Make sure you have time set aside for revisions in your plan.
Action Plan to Prepare for JEE Main 2022
- Study a chapter and make sure you understand all the topics. NCERT books are excellent for this.
- Make a point of noting important points and formulas when studying. These brief notes will help tremendously during revision.
- Evaluate how much you can remember and how well you understand a chapter or topic after studying it.
- Then, using the topic covered, practise tests. When practising, avoid going straight for the solution. Try to solve problems on your own, make mistakes, and then correct them.
- After completing the subject, take a JEE Mains mock test. Similarly, take as many mock tests as possible so that you can evaluate your preparation levels. You can also opt for Our Mock test series.
- Use the analysis to identify your weaknesses and focus on improving while revising.
- Without revision, it is hard to pass any exam, especially JEE Mains. You can only get better if you revise. Also, never keep an unsolved question in your mind.
- While studying is important, it is not ideal to do so on a continuous basis. So, before you begin again, take some time to rest your mind. You can go through JEE Main Landing Page for more information regarding the examination.
While NCERT books are useful for strengthening your foundation, it is best to move on to specialised materials for JEE Main. Some reference books have been famous over the years due to the tips provided in them, practice exercises provided at the end of each chapter, and the in-depth knowledge required to clear JEE Main 2022. Find the best books from the below table for each subject.
Best Books for JEE Main 2022
|Best Books for Physics||Best Books for Chemistry||Best Books for Maths|
|Concepts of physics (Vol. 1 and 2) by H.C Verma||NCERT Textbooks (for Class XI and XII )||Objective Mathematics by R D Sharma|
|Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick, & walker||Modern Approach to Chemical Calculations by R.C. Mukherjee||Plane Trigonometry by S L Loney|
|Understanding Physics by D C Pandey (Arihant Publications)||Organic Chemistry by O P Tandon||The Elements Of Coordinate Geometry by S L Loney|
|Problems in General Physics by I.E Irodov||Concept of Physical Chemistry by P Bahadur||Algebra by Dr S K Goyal Arihant Publications|
|Understanding physics by Freedman and Young||Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J D Lee||Play with Graphs by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)|
|Problems in Physics by SS Krotov||Physical Chemistry by P.W. Atkins||Differential Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
Integral Calculus by Amit M Agarwal (Arihant Publications)
|Problems and solution of physics by Shashi Bhushan Tiwari||Organic Chemistry by Morrison & Boyd||Complete Mathematics for JEE Main TMH|
JEE Mains is the first step toward admission to your preferred engineering college. It is one of the most important pre-engineering exams. We have produced a list of high-weightage chapters for JEE Mains 2022 in all three subjects, Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics, based on the previous year’s examination in the article above. Students should focus more on these chapters and topics while preparing for JEE Mains.